Happy Fathers Day...

In the U.K we have Father's Day happening on Sunday. This is a celebration, just like Mother's Day for our fathers. It's a day when we can show our appreciation for a man who has had a bearing on our lives. It doesn't have to be from birth, many have step fathers who are there for kids, young adults and even grown ups. This applies to grandfathers and single mums too. 


It is a day when, for me personally, I am thankful. I am thankful that I myself am a father. I am a step father too. Both mean a lot to me. Both give me an enormous sense of pride and equally an enormous sense of responsibility. Why? It's easy. I want to be an influence that will be positive, and constructive. I'm not perfect, not even close, but I try my best to do what I think is best in all I do. 


I aspire to be someone that, like my dad to me, gives an outlook on life that makes me see that the world there ready for the taking. I believe that each of us have a responsibility to make that difference to the world. We all can inspire someone. 


So whether you are a dad, step-dad, a grandfather, or even a mum, know that you have the responsibility and the influence to mould and help develop the minds of the young people in our lives. 


So, as I sit and look out at the summer morning I am smiling. 

Drinking in the morning sun,

It's looking like a beautiful day...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com


Comments