Young smiles and old bones...

Occasionally when I look in the mirror I am surprised at the man looking back at me. Why? Well I guess it's because I still believe in my head I am in my 20's. Not that I act immaturely, for the most part, but because I have a positive outlook. More importantly, that I refuse to let each year (or decade) I see dilute that outlook. 


So what gives me this outlook on life? I guess it's just who I am, but also it is partially founded on what I have seen, what I have experienced and more importantly what I aspire to for myself and those who are in my life. 


I don't think I ever set out to be anyone in particular. Hell, if you'd asked me 10yrs ago if I'd be writing this in 10yrs I perhaps wouldn't have ruled it out, but it wasn't an ambition or a goal. However, I am extremely thankful that I do write this blog. 


This week I have been thinking about my character and who I have become. I think that I'm a good person. I try to be a good person and I believe this is something we should all try to do. Ultimately for me character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you. When there is nothing to be gained, then it shows true intent. 


As for all the rest I am keeping my outlook the same. I intend to have a young mind way past he point my body tells me it ain't so. For me it's going to be about young smiles on old bones. 


Smile and melt away the aches and pains...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com


Comments