Nature is a language...

This week I have spent a lot of time outdoors. Nothing bizarre or strange about that, but for me it was wonderful just being outside. 


I love time spent 'out and about'. It's as simple as just that. It really doesn't matter where you go, whether it's along a river, or through a woodland. Maybe you are lucky enough to have a striking back drop like so many I grew up with across Northern Ireland, with the Giants Causeway and Glens of Antrim being a firm favourite. But it is the act of just getting out there that will open your eyes to the beauty of your surroundings. There is nothing more refreshing than not being stuck in front of a computer all day at work or being glued to the television in the evening time. 


When I go for a walk, I am almost in a day dream.  I am soaking up everything that goes on around me. From the wild flowers in a hedgerow to the wispy scattering of clouds in what would otherwise be a clear blue sky (it is the UK after all). But I drink it all in. It really is such a simple pleasure, but one that brings tranquility, happiness and curiosity. If I see something I'm not familiar with I make a point of googling it when I get back, just to satisfy my curiosity. 


Get out there, look around and learn as you go. Nature is a language, can't you read?


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com


Comments