From tiny acorns...

Ever hear the expression “From tiny acorns, mighty oaks grow”? Essentially, everything starts off small but with the right conditions and environment it can grow and grow. 


Ok, so something pretty cool happened this week, Happy Damn Friday achieved it’s 50,000th view. I honestly think this is pretty amazing, and I am so thankful to everyone who has ever read and shared any of the posts. 


For something that started as me simply commenting “Happy Damn Friday Peeps” on my Facebook status to my friends, to now writing this blog each and every week. I write it never knowing who is going to read it, share it, or even where it will reach around the world that week. Why just in the last week it has been read in the U.K, in Brazil. From United Arab Emirates to USA and Canada, and many other places in between. This in itself blows my mind. For something that has never been advertised, and only been shared by word of mouth or by friends or followers on social media. It has reached more than 60 countries across the world. 


The thing is, when I started I never thought it would get this far. I know that it’s still insignificant compared to vast numbers of other blogs out there, but it doesn’t matter. Happy Damn Friday is something I am immensely proud of. To think that if even just one person reads it and gets something out of it, then it is worth writing. It’s not just my weekly ramblings, it’s something that maybe just one person can relate to, or draw inspiration from. 


So what’s the purpose of this week’s post? I guess it’s because it is living proof that ideas grow. Just like an acorn grows into a mighty oak tree. It doesn’t matter if you can’t see how far something has the potential to go, the only thing that matters is that you believe in yourself enough to see the potential in all you do. Do you think the first person to see an acorn thought something as imposing as an oak tree could be the outcome?


Thoughts, feelings, friendships, love, life, everything. Nurture it and it will grow. Find inspiration in every day, motivate yourself to do all you can. Encourage others to do the same. All the time reassure yourself and those around you that if you believe, then you can push yourself further than you ever thought possible. You have the potential to be heard all around the world - and it all starts with just a few words. 


These are my words, this is our journey. Thank you for sharing the ride. 


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments