Be curious...

This week the world lost one of its greatest minds, not just of this age, but of any age. Professor Stephen Hawking passed away at the age of 76 - approximately 50yrs after he was given two years to live. 


I like these odds. I love the fact that as his body deteriorated he found a way to communicate and to have his voice heard, albeit in a digitised tone. This guy exemplified a yearning to explore the vastness of the universe by tapping into the vastness of the human mind. 


One of my favourite quotes is:

“Look up at the stars, not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe work. Be curious”.


Be curious... this is something that drives me. Something that makes me want to learn in all that I do. A curious mind is a powerful tool. I don’t want to be better than anyone else, I’m not interested in that, I’m not in competition with anybody. Instead it’s about my own personal development. About how I can take in as much as possible from all that I experience. If I don’t know something I will research the answer, I do so because I want to know. In this era there are no excuses for ignorance, we have the world of knowledge at our fingertips and unbelievably there are still people who don’t want to educate themselves and learn new stuff. The brain is a sponge, it absorbs knowledge much more so than you can ever comprehend. It is said that we only use 10% of our brains. Sadly this is merely a myth, even though it has been perpetuated by many including Einstein. But instead we use considerably more, I believe Einstein’s example was an encouragement for us all to learn more. 


This is, to me, exactly what the “University of Life” is. We should approach each and every day as students, and be open to all we can learn from. Educate yourself at every opportunity. 


Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. However difficult life may seem there is always something you can do or achieve at. Only see your ability and you will see just how much you can achieve. 


Don’t dis-ability... A curious mind is an unstoppable force!


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments