Writers block and other curses?

I have been writing Happy Damn Friday now for five years. It doesn’t seem that long, and to be completely honest until I had just checked, I honestly hadn’t realised it’s been that long. That’s a good thing - right?


In this epoch of my life I have seen many things and experienced many more. I have seen love, loss and everything in between. I have become unemployed, then re-employed. I have moved home. I have travelled to new places and similarly I have enjoyed being at home in front of the fire. I have laughed uncontrollably, and I have cried from the depths of my heart. I’m not afraid any more, because I know fear is only what you believe it could be.


The thing is, in 5 years so much has changed. Some good, some not. Some I had control over and again others I have not. Am I the same man I was 5 years ago? I don’t think so, I believe I have grown as a person. I have done this by reflecting on the 5 years prior to that and wanting more for life. For myself and those I hold in my heart. All the time I have taken reflections of this and wrote about it here in Happy Damn Friday. Extraordinarily I have never had writers block when it comes to writing these words each week. How or why I do not know. When I write I write in one go, from start to finish so it is the purest form of expression I can give. Or at least that’s what I believe. 


If anything at times the curse has been too many words and only one ‘Happy Damn Friday’ per week. Not that I’m complaining of course. If the words are good enough they stay in my head for another time, maybe not the next week or even the next month - but some time. Then they find their way back from the far corners of my mind and down into some form of message wishing you all a ‘Happy Damn Friday’.


So what of the next 5 years? I’m not sure, but I do know there will be more adventures and more stories to fill the pages of Happy Damn Friday. Hell, I may even write a book if you would like to read it. 


The one thing for sure is it will be time that isn’t watched go past, time that is enjoyed for every second of being alive. 


Time waits for no man. So I beg of you, don’t ‘clock-watch’ your life away...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments